Our python products are made from genuine python skin. Python skin is a unique, natural material. Due to the nature of python skin, no two products are ever the same. Color and texture may vary. Please refer to our care guide at the bottom of this page to learn how to best care for your purchase.
Unless an item has the "add to cart” button available to click, you should expect your purchase to arrive in about 12 weeks. You will receive an email as soon as your purchase is shipped to you. If you have any special requests, don’t hesitate to send us an email. Custom colors are available.
Custom Order Process
If you can dream it, we can do it! We take great pride in being able to offer completely customizable handbags. You have the option of selecting everything from the lining color to the hardware. Add a stripe, add a patch or keep it simple. The choice is yours. Our attention to detail during the custom order process is second to none.
Your custom bag can built by contacting us for a personal consultation. We go through every detail to make sure your expectations are met.
Once we have your order, we start the process of making your custom bag. You can expect your bag to arrive in approximately 12-16 weeks. Our artisans will first hand select and dye each piece of python to ensure color matching and quality. We only use premium leathers for our handbags and put quality and craftsmanship first. Once the leather is ready, each piece is hand sewn and your bag starts to come to life. Patches, and any other details are added next before the bag is completed. It then goes through an extensive quality control inspection to ensure that your handbag will exceed your expectations.
We then wrap it up and prepare it for shipment. Due to the process of importing exotic leather into the US, this can take up to 3-4 weeks to complete. Each piece of python needs to be properly permitted and accounted for to arrive and clear customs inspection. Next stop is to our shop in Charleston, SC, where it goes through another quality check before it’s wrapped up and shipped to you.
We know that this is a long process, but it is the only way to make sure that you receive the luxury handbag you ordered with all the details correct. We do our best to estimate delivery times, but the due dates are always an approximation.
We ship nationwide, however, we are unable to ship python products to California.
We want you to be completely happy with your order. If for any reason you are not satisfied, we accept returns of unused, undamaged or defective merchandise for a full refund to your original payment method. Items must be returned within 7 days of delivery. Please contact us for return authorization and a label. Returned merchandise must include all packaging and tags and be in the same condition as when it was received. Used merchandise cannot be returned. Returns must also be accompanied by the original packing slip. Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment less a $20 return shipping cost.
All discounted items or items marked “Final Sale” at time of purchase may not be returned or exchanged.
Special order items or customized products are not returnable for a refund. Any item not in stock at the time of purchase is considered a special order. If you are unhappy with your special order, you may return it in unused condition for a store credit, or exchange it for something. Exception to this policy are items that are personalized with patches and custom sneakers and birkenstocks; these items are final sale. Store credits are available to use anytime and do not expire.
Our Return Address Is:
84 Spring Street Unit A
Charleston, SC 29403
Please allow 7 days for the processing of your return.
All sales are final on our custom Michael Grey x Taxidermy Birkenstocks. We are unable to take returns or exchanges on these. Please confirm your Birkenstock size before you place the order. Delivery is subject to change, but they should arrive in about 2-3 weeks. Coupons and discounts are not valid on this item.
- Python skin is a naturally delicate material. Please follow these steps to best care for your bag.
- Please keep your bag out of direct sunlight and away from heat whenever possible. Overexposure to light can stain or alter the color of the leather. Exposure to heat may dry out the skins and cause peeling or cracking.
- Avoid getting your bag wet. If your bag does get wet, allow it to dry naturally. Do not try to use a blow drier or other heat source to dry out your bag if it gets wet. You may use a soft, clean cloth made of microfiber or cotton to gently wipe down your bag. Always wipe in the direction of the scales. Never rub your bag against the grain.
- Avoid exposure to perfume sprays and lotions. These may cause discoloration or drying of the skin. Python will absorb any dirt, oil and makeup that it touches. Make sure hands are clean before touching handles.
- Keep your bag in a cool, dark place when not in use.
- Lighter colors of python will naturally darken with age. This is the natural progression of bleached and light colored leathers.
Coupons and Discounts
May not be combined unless otherwise specified. Coupons and discounts are not available for certain items.
- We will not sell or transfer your information to any third party without your consent.
- Access to consumer information is limited to Taxidermy and those acting under its direction for the specific purpose of marketing and selling our products and communicating to the consumer regarding issues concerning our company.
- Our mailing list will be limited to those who wish to receive information about our brand and programs.